Fenn trap tunnel & Mk4 trap
1. Genuine FENN Mark 4 trap
This the original and authentic Fenn Mark 4 rat trap as designed by Mr A. A. Fenn and they bear the Fenn brand embossed on the treadle. It is suitable also for trapping for squirrel, stoat and weasel.
Attempts have been made by others to copy this design but not all have succeeded. None quite have the credibility and aura of the real article. It is perceived to be the ‘Rolex’ of the trap world.
As evidence of authenticity, these genuine traps have the treadle plate embossed with…..
MADE IN ENGLAND.
They have brass tongues and catches. The tongue is stamped with PAT. NO. 762891. The trigger system is made entirely of brass as this permits a more sensitive and quicker response. This will never rust or fail over time.
2. The tunnel
- The 2 entrance holes are off-set to one side because rats much prefer running along walls where they can keep body contact with the wall. Rats dislike moving across open spaces. For this reason, tunnels are best placed along a wall and it is essential that the end holes in the tunnel should be immediately adjacent to the wall. The rat goes straight in the tunnel without deviating from the wall. A tunnel with the end holes in the middle therefore is not as effective because the rat does not want to move away from the wall. Our tests showed that off-set entrances were catching more rats. Rats seek confined spaces where they can hide. Hence they like dark tunnels, holes, channels, drains, pipes etc.
- The Mark4 traps can be safely installed and removed easily through the top hinged side door. The door swings on steel hinges. It opens sideways so that the trap can be safely placed horizontally, unlike other where you have to put the trap in from above. Placing it horizontally means there is no chance of displacing the safety catch. That way your fingers are completely safe.
- The door is secured with a strong re-usable ratchet tie. Just undo the tie and use it again and again. No need to carry a spanner or Allen key like you have to on the plastic tunnels.
- If you prefer, you may secure the tunnel to a variety of objects e.g. beams, branches, pipes etc, using a simple zip tie.
- Being mesh, the base of the tunnel effectively becomes the same as the surrounding floor area so the rat does not encounter a change of surface (or smell) when entering. So if the tunnel is sitting on grass the grass is still underfoot in the tunnel as it comes through the mesh. It’s the same if its muck, sand, mud or whatever.
They come with a full guarantee. In the event that you are not entirely happy with the trap, simply post it back by Royal Mail “signed for” within 14 days and you will receive a full refund.
Fenn traps are made by a small family run company in the Midlands which also manufactures springs, wire shapes and small pressings. They have been in business for over 30 years.
For the last 10 years they have been involved solely in the manufacturing of vermin traps. i.e. Mark 6, Mark 4 and the Mole Scissor Traps. They are the originals and not copies.